Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer

Ok peps. I will finally make another post. Wow! Astounding I know. So Chloie has been learning by leaps and bounds. The best thing is that she is much nicer to her little brother. She doesn't like time outs and that keeps her obedient most of the time. She is learning her ABC's and 123's and lots of songs. She really likes Disney movies, which I'm not sure is good for her. She repeats actions or words that I really wouldn't care for her to be learning. She does come up with the funniest way of doing or saying things though. I am having a lot of fun being her mom. I've been trying to teach her how to swim and the local aquatic center. We go swimming Mon, Wed, and Fri and then after Chloie and I have swam to her content she goes to their daycare and I fit in some lap swimming. She has met some really fun kids there and I like to think it helps her grow to be a better friend. She has started a play group with 2 other 2 year olds. I hope she can learn to make friends easier. She seems to want things her own way and everyone else is just in her way. She is a cutie and I love doing fun things with her. Dillon has been chunking out quite nicely. He is 5 months old and in the 97% for his height(27in) and 88% in weight(18lbs). He has lots of fat rolls. He is a very happy and very demanding baby. I love his laugh and it's not very hard to get him to do so when he wakes up. He is a morning child. Because of his sleeping patterns I have to bring him with me to my sister in-law's house at 5:30am to do my workouts. It's nice to get out early and start my day. He has learned to roll over and he loves playing with toys and his feet. He is learning to use his voice and he makes the funniest vocal intonations. He also makes the loudest screaming happy noises I have ever heard come from a baby. He is my little angle whom I sometimes wish would be more of a night time sleeping angle. Brandon is doing great. He reached his 5 year mark at work and is doing really well there. He got a calling at church in the Teacher's quorum(teaching the 15-16 year old boys) and as a Varsity scout leader. It will be a challenge but I think he will love it. I am still teaching the 9-10 year olds by myself now. I will miss working with him in class. Brandon is a great dad. The kids love hearing his voice and being near him. He helps out so much at home even though he works all day and works at night on his second job. We have had a great summer and we have been trying to extend it a little longer since the weather didn't cooperate in May and June. My brother Peter got marries June 5th and I got to see the happiest couple be joined for time and all eternity. I also got to see my whole family. I miss them so much and can't wait for next summer when we are all going to Texas for a family reunion. My Mom and Ken stayed in Utah for most of the summer and it was great to have them around. I wish I would have visited them more often. We've been to the zoo, to parks, and to the Tracy Aviary. We celebrated the 4th of July with my sister Wendy, my parents, and Brandon's family at the stadium of fire. It was a great show with Carey Underwood. We went camping to Bear Lake with Brandon's family and to Arches National Park with just the four of us. Chloie had fun eating dirt and not sleeping at night. We had a good time despite the lack of sleep. We swam and played at bear lake and rode the little train and sang songs and sat around the fire and hiked to delicate arch and ate fire cooked foods. We hope it will get better as the kids grow older.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Hi Sarah! I've been wanting to see some more pics of your kiddos! They are so cute! It looks like you guys have had such a fun summer! We miss you guys!

good+growing said...

yay for you guys! Looks like it was a fun filled Summer! Love you guys & can't wait until we see you again!

hanesville said...

Your kids are sooo big! They are too cute! I love all the pictures you look like such a happy family
:)