Saturday, February 14, 2009

Winter Blues

The Rock family is doing great. Brandon has a lot of work to do and we are grateful of that. Brandon decided to go back to school to finish his BS in computer science this year. He was accepted to the University of Utah in Salt Lake. The university is right down the street from his work which makes it easier for him to make it to class. He doesn't get home until 8pm most nights which makes it hard for me but I'm glad he is getting school done. Winter time is hard to find fun activities to keep Chloie and I busy. I find that winter brings the blues out in me. I am surrounded by other mothers who are in the same boat though so that gives me a good feeling that I am doing the right thing. I love being Chloie's mommy. I get to watch her learn, grow, and I get to teach her everything she knows. That's and pretty cool feeling. So last week I got a speeding ticket in Layton. I was coming home from Wal-mart and bam! The police officer was very sneaky and was outside his car with another officer just gunning everyone that past. It was a residential area that I got pulled over in but in my defense it's on the same road as Wal-mart. I went to the courthouse all ready to plead my case but when I got there I decided to just get it taken off my record with traffic school. The officers were just keeping it safe for the residents on that street. In Utah you pay for traffic school and another fee to keep it off your record and then you have to keep your record clean for a year in order for the ticket to stay off your record so I am driving very cautiously now. I guess, for me, the ticket has proven to be effective. I didn't know how slow you have to drive all over Layton. It's mostly 35mph everywhere. Chloie is talking a lot. I wish it was in the English language though because she mostly yells in some Chloie language that I can't understand and I can't tell what she wants. When I put snacks or food in front of her she always starts to try and pick it up by pointing at it and if it doesn't stick to her finger then she resorts to skewering it and if that doesn't work then she will grab it with her whole hand and most of the time loose it because she doesn't realize it's inside her fist. Some of the time though she will get it between her pointer finger and one of her others and then, ta-da, she puts it in her mouth. She is walking around holding everything at her level but she doesn't have any balance on her own yet. Her front bottom teeth are growing in and she likes to bite everything including me. She is calling for me now from the gated bottom of the stairs so I must go.

5 comments:

Veronica and Johnnie said...

Is that your 1st ticket in Utah? You must think that you are still in Cali....Chloie is so adorable!

It's been raining here so we are all suck inside and believe me with boys that really sucks, so I have been feeling blue myself.

Chris Robinson said...

Thanks for the update! Chloie is such a cutie! It's fun to hear about all the things you are going through with her. They grow out of it so fast! Now, I get to look forward to it again! Thanks

Lithie said...

Oh how is my little Chloie doing??? she is so cute i love the little pics u post of her! man i miss you Sarah! how are things? i am so sad we couldnt make the fam dinner. for some reason we thought it was this weekend. we will be at moms house Sat & Sunday for the girls night out thing and the homecoming too. we also have a baptism for one of my cousins on Sat so it will be nice to get away from Logania for a little bit!
love you guys & see ya soon.
XOXO
L.Rock

Anonymous said...

That was a fun update to read. It reminds me of when I was raising the kids. I miss the days they were little, but I'm enjoying being an empty nester too. It was good to see you this last weekend and the one before. I love all my children and their spouses. We have a good family!

Lindsey/Jeremy said...

I miss you. At least we get to talk alot. I still think you need to live closer to me. :) Say hi to Brandon for me and give Chloie a hug for me. Call me whenever!!!! I'm always here for you.