Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring is coming

The weather is getting much better here. I try to go for walks with Chloie everyday. Sometimes it's too cold and windy but she really likes getting outside. We had a really scary thing happen on Friday night. Around 8pm I noticed that Chloie wasn't feeling good and she came up and cuddled with me. I noticed that her head was really hot so I took her up stairs and took her temp. It was 103 so I called the 24hour clinic and got an appointment. Chloie and I were waiting in the waiting area for the nurse to call us in. I had her wrapped in a blanket and sitting in her car seat. I was putting a wet cloth on her head to try and keep her cool. While we were waiting the maintenance guy came over with his vacuum and as soon as he turned it on Chloie got scared, like she always does. She looked like she was about to cry and then she started tightening up. Her fists clenched and she body stiffened and her face began to twitch. Her eyes started rolling up and her face turned yellow. Chloie had a seizure. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to Chloie and I. A nice lady from the far side of the waiting area came runny over as soon as she heard the change in my voice as I was talking to Chloie. She put her face up to Chloie's to make sure she was breathing and she reasured me it was from the fever and went and got a nurse. It seemed like all the staff came rushing around Chloie and I and we got her blanket and pj's off her. One of the Dr.s said that we needed to goto emergency. The receptionist came and got my bags and lead me over to the emergency room which, luckily, was next door so we went throught the hallways. She also called Brandon and told him what happened and asked him to come to the hospital. We got checked into a room and then Brandon came. The doctor checked Chloie out and said she had an ear infection and told us what to look out for in the next 48hours. He prescribed antibiotics for the ear infection and tylenol and motrin every 3 hours for the next 24 hours for the fever. When we got home I stayed with Chloie all night and gave her fever reducer every 3 hours. It was a long night but Chloie is doing much better. We are going to church today and hopefully this will never happen again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was scary Sarah. I'm glad to hear everything is okay with Chloie now. Hopefully that will never happen again. I love you guys!!!

laura s. said...

That is just so scary! I've always worried that my kids would have a seizure and I would freak out. Sounds like you handled things very well!

Mara said...

I am glad Chloe is felling better. Aren't you glad you were in the Dr's office when it happened. Give me a call one of these days when you go walking and I will come with you.

m. said...

Oh geez, that's crazy!!! I'm so glad she's ok!!!

Patrick & Jenn said...

I'm so glad she's okay... I can't imagine how scary that was for you!

I got the hair bows in the mail yesterday. They are so cute! Jasmine says thanks and that she can't wait to wear them.

Jess Hardy said...

Oh, Sarah, that is scary! I am sorry you had to go through that! I am glad she is better now. :)

Becky and Ryan said...

Yikes! I am glad she was ok and that you were already close to medical professionals when she siezed. Such a dariling little gal.