Friday, November 19, 2010

More Dillon

I've had a request for more updated pictures of Dillon. My kids are doing great. Chloie is learning and changing day by day. At times (like everyday) I get impatient for her to learn it all now but that wouldn't teach me anything. She is such a cutie petunia. I find I need to improve in many aspects to help my daughter improve. I'm so grateful that we have an unchanging perfect God that we can follow with stability. It is so amazing to see so many different people and personalities that exist in this world, when we all have the same Father in Heaven. Just a little random thinking. So Chloie knows colors; how to count to 10; animals and their sounds; body parts; family members; mommy, brother, and daddy's names(Sarah Rock, baby brother Dillon,and Brandon); some nursery songs; how to pray; her age; some of the alphabet; and many other little things. I am trying to make a better schedule for activity and learning but right now it's wake, eat, watch show, bath, play, outing, nap, eat, play, watch show, daddy comes home, eat, play and sleep. Dillon is 7 1/2 months and he is scooting along on the ground and in the walker. He eats a lot. He has technically outgrown his infant car seat but I'm not ready to put in a rear facing toddler car seat. They are just so awkward that direction. Other than just being huge and super cute, he loves to laugh and he is very ticklish. he started making more pronounced sounds like DaDaDaDa. It's really cute to hear him. He sounds totally different than Chloie did. It's like he's a boy or something. We are all really excited for the holidays and fall and winter. We get to visit Arizona at Grandma and Grandpa's for Thanksgiving. We have never been to their house so this will be a great holiday week. We will see Wendy and maybe Peter and Ashlee too. On the way down we will visit Lindsey and Jeremy and their new baby. Oh and when we get back we get to see Aaron and Bethany from Florida! This is such an awesome holiday. I am so thankful for my blessing as a mom and wife. I'm so thankful I have 2 beautiful kids that challenge me and give me such joy. I am so happy and grateful for Brandon who works tremendously hard and extremely long hours to give our family such bounteous blessing, and still makes time to give the kids his full play time attention, and give me adult conversation and relief from the kids when I need it. Life is grand and I'm so happy for the season of the harvest to remind me how blessed and loved I am. The feeling of living out here in farm land is so wonderful. I am so thankful for the town I grew up in and the people that have always loved me from Yucaipa. I am so grateful for my sisters and brothers and all that they have taught me and all the love that they have always shown me. I love my nieces and nephews and the opportunity I had to see them grow up and learn how it is done right. I love Brandon's whole family. They bless me on a daily basis by conversations, outings and service they do for my family. My aunts and cousins show me such a beautiful example of love in their own families and I am so grateful when I get to see them. I am humbled by the great example my Mother is to all her children and those around her. I am emotional thinking about the great memories I have of my Father and the self sustaining principles he taught, both earthly and spiritually. I am thankful for Ken and his humor, knowledge and spirit. I am thankful for his children and the part they have in my life here in Utah. I am so blessed and loved and I hope I can show more love and service to those who have been such a great part of my life. If you are reading my blog that means I thought about you when I was writing this and I am talking to YOU. Thank you and I love you. Oh right... pics. Here you go.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Hi Sarah!
Cute pictures! I can't believe how much your kiddos have grown up! Such cuties! We love you guys!

Mrs. Jones said...

They are growing up so fast!!! I miss you guys all the time! It is sad being even further away than before....especially in a different state. I hope you have wonderful holidays coming up! Loves!!!

Veronica and Johnnie said...

Wow kids change so much so fast. I look at all of Nathans old pictures and can't believe how much he has grown. Sarah you are an amazing mom and you can see it in your childrens faces. I wishyou a happy thanksgiving. Love you!

Unknown said...

Aw Sarah, that was very sweet and your kids are just too cute! I cannot wait to see you guys in the Summer, it is going to be amazing! I will post Thanksgiving pics soon so you can see how it all went and you can see cute little Jake and Katie doing their Thanksgiving projects. :) Love you and miss you and your cute family!