Sunday, September 20, 2009

We the Rocks are doing ok

So this last month has been kind of crazy and not very fun at the Rock home. Brandon had a problem that could have been very serious in his colon. He came home from work one day and was about to pass out. He was in a lot of pain and luckily his parents had stopped by our house to look at some stuff in the basement because they insisted that he go to instacare and get some help. He had a fever of 104 and the doctor there sent him to the ER. Brandon's parents took Chloie back to our house to sleep and they stayed with her while Brandon and I stayed at the hospital until 2am. They ran a CT and decided that he would be ok going home with some drugs and setting an appointment with a Gastrointerologist. We were very relieved and he was very happy to finally get a referral for a good doctor. Things have gone very smoothly since that visit. He feels great and knows what is wrong and how to fix it. He might need a small surgery but there are no worries now. I signed up for a 5k a few months ago and then found out I am pregnant!! Yeah! Well, I still ran the 5k and it was a good experience. I have been so stinken sick though. This pregnancy is so much worse and different than with Chloie. My wonderful neighbor told me about a drug that is supposed the help with nausea and right before my trip to St George she graciously gave me her last 2 pills. I used them and they worked like a charm. I got a prescription filled while I was in St George and I love them. Except today I am so out of it I don't know which way it up. I don't know if I should be taking them everyday. I think I will limit it to days I know I have to be somewhere or do a lot of things. So we did go to St George this weekend with Brandon's parents and spent a wonderful time at Brandon's Aunt and Uncle Rasmussen's house. We went to Annie at the Tuacahn outdoor theater and Lindsey and Jeremy Wilson watched Chloie for us. I was not sick and we had a great time. We also went for a little hike that was really hot because we left at 1pm and we went swimming as much as we could. I was looking through my pictures and I have realized that I have missed writing about so many cool trips and events. August 1st we went to a Nascar race with Peter and to the demolition derby. On Aug 8th we went to The Red Lobster with Levi and Lithie Rock. It was fabulous! From Aug 19th to the 21th we ate dinner with my mom and dad and then went to some night classes at education week while my mom watched Chloie. Those were some very nice nights. We have had some great times this summer and I hope to finish getting the family reunion pictures on the Malone family blog soon.

4 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

You ran a 5k, that is so cool! I want to sign up for some sort of 5k or a sprint triathlon or something, but I am too chicken. Miss you guys! give Chloie a kiss for me!

laura s. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! On everything.. the 5K, the pregnancy.. and Brandon's health too! When is baby #2 expected to arrive?

Veronica and Johnnie said...

YEA!!! Another baby! When are you due?

Monica said...

Hey Sarah this is Gavin's wife :) I am sick with the flu so I'm finding some family blogs while stuck at home. Congratulations on being pregnant! How exciting! Being sick is no fun though so good luck with that. Hopefully we can keep in touch more now through blogging :)